Reaction is the handmaid of Liberty, the jealous chaperone who ever guards her virtue from licentious men.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"Born a Boy"

 From the Huffington Post . . .

" 'King: "Let's let people know about you, Laverne, because you were born a boy but--
Cox: "I was assigned male at birth is the way I like to put it, because I think we're born who we are and the gender thing is something someone imposes on you. And so I was assigned male at  birth but I always felt like I was a girl.'
In January, on Katie Couric's talk show, Cox had to spell out how cultural preoccupation with trans people transitioning functions as objectification of trans bodies."

I have always believed it was the "trans" people( I assume that is the term of the hour) themselves who have a preoccupation with the "transitioning" and "objectification" of bodies, not society as whole. Note the use of the language of oppression- "imposes on you"and "I was assigned."

And so the simple act of saying "It's a boy" is turned into an act of martyrdom.

We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.

-George Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment